Legal Momentum: The Women's Legal Defense and Education Fund was founded in 1970 as the NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund. Legal Momentum advances the rights of women and girls by using the power of the law and creating innovative public policy. We are the oldest national women’s rights legal advocacy organization, with a rich history in litigation and public policy development. We have worked to enact, expand, and enforce many of the most important laws and policies that affect women, including employment rights under Title VII, educational equity under Title IX, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA.)
Legal Momentum is searching for a talented social media/research intern who can work in our communications department. We offer a very flexible schedule. Graduate or undergraduate students are welcome. Previous experience working for a nonprofit, fundraising, or marketing organization is a plus.
The Social Media/Research Intern role will include online research relating to women’s legal advocacy organizations, fundraising, new media hubs, journalists, online newsletters, and more. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about fundraising and communications in a dynamic nonprofit organization that has a long history in civil rights advocacy.
This internship position is unpaid and students are expected to arrange for academic credit and/or funding through their school.
Candidates should be savvy about the internet, communications, and research, and computer literate, as well as curious, willing to learn, inventive, and interested in women’s rights.
- Please submit a cover letter outlining interests, resume, and 2 references (at least 1 from a current professor).
- Send application to Legal Momentum, 16 East 34th Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10016, or e-mail to email@example.com.
- All applicants must be able to provide an Internship for Credit Eligibility Letter.
- Applicants will be interviewed in person or by phone.
- This position is available year-round. The hours are flexible with a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Legal Momentum is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Updated October, 2017