PowerPoint Slides with Suggested Commentary
The download link above will download the PDF version of this presentation. To download the PowerPoint file, click here.
Survivor Video Clip and Transcript
This four-minute video clip is drawn from the Department of Justice, Office of Victims of Crime DVD Victim Impact: Listen and Learn. The clip is excerpted from an interview with a survivor of nearly lethal domestic violence and intimate partner sexual abuse. She states that the sexual abuse was even more emotionally destructive than the death threats because of the betrayal of trust. The sexual abuse, she states, “…was probably the most painful, and still probably the, the hardest to get past.”
This video clip is a very effective way to began any module. Suggested Commentary is located in the Faculty Manual for each module.
Transcript of Video Clip
It is useful to distribute the transcript of the video clip so program participants fully absorb the impact of intimate partner sexual abuse.
To play the video clip, it is necessary to have A/V equipment with speakers.
The Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse modules include extensive resources that are intended to be distributed. This download contains a compilation of eighteen articles that will be useful to anyone wanting more information about intimate partner sexual violence in the domestic violence context and adult victim sexual assault in general. The resources are organized as an Annotated Table of Contents. Each citation is a hyperlink to the full text of the resource. Users do not need to be connected to the internet to link to these texts.
- National Judicial Education Program, Web Course Flyer for Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse: Adjudicating this Hidden Dimension of Domestic Violence Cases (PDF)
- Lynn Hecht Schafran, Risk assessment and intimate partner sexual abuse: the hidden dimension of domestic violence, 93 JUDICATURE, no. 4, (January-February 2010) at 161 (PDF)
- Annotated Table of Contents for the Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse Resource CD (.zip)
- Case Study Exercises for the Civil/Family Court Modules (PDF)
- Case Study Exercises for the Criminal Court Modules (PDF)
Graphics for Reproducing this Module (.zip)
- Download the graphic files (.zip)